Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 364: Time to Sing

Well, we got rid of our tree today. We are planning to have some people over on New Years day and besides the fact that is was starting to look pretty ratty, it also took up space that we'd like to have with guests over and kids running around.

Daniel was very sad when he noticed me taking the ornaments off of the tree. He kept saying "but we have to decorate!" And was even more sad when Davey took the tree outside. "But we have to have a tree!" I know buddy, I was just as sad to see it go. I love having the Christmas tree up. So pretty and smells so good. It just gives a happy feeling in the house.

I am reminded of the year my brother Chris requested that my parents keep the (fake) tree up until his birthday on January 14 because my brother Tim always got to have it up for his. (Timmy's birthday is today. Happy Birthday neighbor!) I get it though, if my birthday wasn't in April I'd probably request the same thing!

After getting rid of the tree, Davey replaced it with the keyboard we are borrowing from my parents. The boys forgot all about the tree really quick!

Micah just sat there "playing" and "singing." Love it!


Not exactly a child prodigy but we're working with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment