Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day 357: Ornaments

This morning we took a trip to Walmart for some acrylic paint and came home to paint the ornaments we made yesterday. Micah thought his was a cookie and was very sad when I didn't let him eat it.


If course, going against all I know as a teacher, I let the boys paint then I went back over it to make it look the way I wanted.  They are finger print ornaments though so at least that part is completely theirs! Daniel did a pretty good job following directions when painting. I just touched his up a bit and added the details after it dried. Micah didn't paint more than 3 strokes before trying to eat it.


I'll update with finished product pictures after they've been given as gifts.


I also made an ornament for us! It's a mold of our house key. It also has our address on it which I blotted out in paint shop.

Advent Day 23


Matthew 2:9-12(HCSB)

After hearing the king, they went on their way. And there it was—the star they had seen in the east! It led them until it came and stopped above the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed beyond measure. 11 Entering the house, they saw the child with Mary His mother, and falling to their knees, they worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. 12 And being warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their own country by another route.

No comments:

Post a Comment