Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 206: Morning Walk

After stepping outside to wave goodbye to daddy this morning we were amazed at how beautiful the weather was. I couldn't resist taking the boys on a morning walk to the boardwalk.


While were there we ran in to this lovely lady! She is a good friend and mentor from my youth who recently moved to North Carolina. It was so nice seeing her and getting to catch up at least for the few minutes my boys would "cooperate." They were sort of running rampant up and down the pier while we talked. I'm pretty sure they were concerning a group of people who were also on the boardwalk. We were trying for selfies (which was successful with Mrs. L's phone but not my camera). A random guy, who almost let his dog be in our picture, offered to take it for us. Daniels is very unsure of dogs and he didn't quite get that. Thankfully he got the hint and kept the very friendly dog out of our picture.

(As a side note, I love dogs! And were I home full time during the year, we'd probably have one. I just don't like when strangers decide that their dog is nice enough to let them walk right up to you to sniff and lick with no invitation. Especially when my kids are unsure of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment