Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 195: Hosting OBers

Tonight Davey picked the OB boys up around 5, we had dinner, and then just took it easy the rest of the evening. We gave them the option of doing something else like going to the board walk but they were perfectly content staying in the air conditioning after a day of manual labor in 90°+ heat.  Daniel enjoyed jumping and climbing on Caleb and making him do push ups while on his back and Micah liked reading with Parker. I kind of don't want them to leave. The guys played a game of Monopoly and then Parker wanted to fulfill his childhood by watching the one old school Veggietales in our collection that he didn't remember seeing. (I probably shouldn't mention that the kids were in bed by the time we watched Veggietales.)  It was a good evening. They thanked us for actually talking to them because some of the host homes they have been in didn't really interact with them at all. How sad! Even I know we aren't the most exciting of families but I'm glad this is one of their better experiences!

Sadly I wasn't as on board with the picture taking tonight so this is the best I got.

And because I forgot to add this yesterday here is a video of speech choir from the OB program. 



No comments:

Post a Comment