Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 118: Unexpected Day

Sick season is over! Or so I thought...around 1:00am we heard Daniel start crying hysterically. Davey jumped up and ran to his room. My first thought is that he fell out of his bed or got hurt in some way. Nope. He was sick. In his words he was "coughing." Needless to say, I was up for a better part of the night with him. He and I ended up sleeping on the couch together.

Thankfully once he got up for the day he was feeling much better. His stomach still a bit sore but able to keep food and drink down.

At some point in the morning he started telling me he was tired and disappeared. (I was not ready for him to nap, however. No matter how tired this kid is he never sleeps more than 2 hours at nap time.) I looked around and found him laying in our bed. Of course by the time I grabbed my camera he was laughing hysterically.


My mom watches some of the cousins during the week and since we were home sick today, I kept Daniel quarantined in the basement. So when it came to start dinner I had to try and prep everything downstairs away from the kitchen. Thankfully it was quite easy because I had pre-cooked chicken in the freezer.
It's chicken chimichanga night! These are so good! I am almost 100% certain that I found it on pinterest (though I can't seem to find the source.) and it is now a staple in our household. YUM


Baked Chicken Chimichangas (not my recipe)

Ingredients


8oz cream cheese
8 oz pepperjack, shredded (I use colby jack so it isn't quite as spicy for the boys)
1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
12 flour tortillas
2chicken breasts, shredded
Cooking spray
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional for topping)
Salsa (optional for topping)
Sour Cream (optional for topping)

Directions
1. preheat oven 350
2. Stir together cream cheese, pepperjack, and taco seasoning. Fold in chicken.
3. Divide mixture among tortillas, tuck in sides, and roll ip
4. Lay seam side down in a sprayed 13"x9" baking dish
5. Spray tops of tortillas with cooing spray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes; turn chimichangas over, and bake for another 15minutes.
7 Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa.


Daniel took Micah's hand and "guided" him all around the house this evening.

He is doing much better but instead of going to school in the morning the boys will be staying home with my mom while we go to settlement for our house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment