Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 119: We're Home Owners!

It is finally here. In many ways it feels like we have waited "forever" for this to happen. Today, on my birthday, we went to settlement on our town house and we are now 1st time home owners! It feels so good to finally be through the searching and the paperwork and start thinking about actually moving in. We will officially move in on Saturday!

After settlement Davey took me to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday and to celebrate our new home. Can you believe he had never been there before? So yummy! (We got our cheese cake to go)


We also made a few other stops including Target where I think we did really well in regards to not buying out the entire home section. We still have ALL of our wedding gifts in boxes and need to pull them out before we go buying a bunch of new stuff. It is going to be like Christmas opening up all of those gifts! Thanks to those of you who got us something for our wedding 3+ years ago. We're finally going to get to use it!

Once we got home we picked the boys up and brought them over to the house. Daniel was running around so excitedly. I know he doesn't really grasp the whole concept but I think he is really going to love living there...I hope.

A perfect ending to a really great day.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you both. God bless you as you make this house a home. I hope you'll post pics of moving day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As excited as I am for you and the whole gang, I cannot stop staring at the cheesecake!!! Lol
    So happy for you guys and I'm super excited that you get to decorate. Men don't get that part and that's what's so fun about it...you get to do it "up" any way you want! :-)
    love, Neicy

    ReplyDelete