Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 108: Good Friday

Tonight we went to the Good Friday service at our church. This is always a favorite service of mine because it brings my focus back to Jesus at the Cross. The reason why He came.


During the service my brother, Timothy, performed (rather, led us in worship) by doing something called a pantomime. Basically a choreographed dramatization in white face of the song "Watch the Lamb" by Ray Boltz. This is something he learned in high school (he's 32...?) and is still being asked to share with people. I am upset because I had planned to capture it on video tonight to share on here but while sitting in the service I realized I didn't have my camera (little did I know it was in the diaper bag...).

Here is the song. It is a powerful story of a man and his children who travel to Jerusalem for the Passover on the day of Christ's crucifixion.



"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Here is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'"  ~John 1:29




1 comment:

  1. I remember the year Watch the Lamb was the Easter cantata. The music, the drama, it was powerful!

    ReplyDelete