Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 232: Back to the Grindstone

I went back to work today. It's always difficult to hear that alarm ringing before the sun is up for the first time all summer. Davey makes it easy for me in the morning though so I really can't complain. It was actually a good day. It was especially nice to see friends and colleagues and connect after some time apart. I am blessed to work with some great people who are not just colleagues but sisters (and brothers) in Christ.

This year I am moving back to 2nd grade after 3 years in preschool. I am ready for the move since I love that age group but it is going to be a bit of a change after just beginning to get my grove in preschool. When I walked in to my classroom to start setting up, I just stared at it. HA! Thankfully tomorrow is our major room time day. I'll get something done then.

When I got home I pulled out my little laminator. I love this thing! I haven't used it for much yet and I can't do large items with it, but it beats waiting in line at school for some of my stuff. And I have thicker laminating paper than we use at school which is great for the things I want to keep extra nice.



And then there's the Mikester who is obsessed with flipping light switches right now. He will stand under light switches and cry until someone picks him up and lets him flip. I started to teach him how to say please when he wants them. When he says please he gets this little giggle of relief because he knows I'm going to pick him up. This was us on our way to bed. He just had to stop on the way for some light switch flipping fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment