Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 214: Reunion Day

There are many  nights I find myself praying that the boys (Daniel) will sleep in til 7. Last night was one of those nights because I knew today would be a long day and he would need as much sleep as he could get. Somehow my prayers got mixed up with the mom who asked for her son to wake up at 4 am instead...Yep! Daniel was up at 4 and Micah couldn't sleep and ended up in our bed most of the night which meant Davey and I got little sleep. That boy tosses and turns like it's his job.

So instead of getting well rested boys I ended up with tired boys. Davey ended up bringing Daniel back to the hotel around 11 to take an early nap. And I had Micah napping at the house in the spare crib. before noon. Thankfully they fell asleep and took a decent nap even if it was really early. It got them much further through the day! 


This cat is one that just showed up at Grandpa and Grandma's house recently. He's is super nice and lets the kids all get up close to pet him. He has even tolerated Micah pulling at it's tail. Sarah's boys named him Oreo. We also saw it eating a bird this morning...

As I said yesterday, one of the placed Daniel wants to be is on the train tracks. So this morning Joanna and I took the kids for a walk and I got these cute pictures.




While we were there Grandpa and Tim drove by on their way out to the lake to get some stuff ready for the reunion this afternoon.


I took Daniel out on the paddle boat which he loved. We stopped by the island and I picked a flower for him to give my mom.

Micah didn't care what anyone was doing this afternoon as long as he could be with the grandma or on the Gator!

 Look at him trying to shift the gears.



 My mom brought lolipops...I am pretty sure Daniel had 4 in a row.

Oliver having his first taste of marshmallow.


Of course once most of the extended extended family left (the people I don't really know like my dad's cousins and others who don't seem to be related at all but show up anyway) we got the bonfire started and had smores. Daniel only wanted a bite of his so when he was done I, of course, had to eat a 3rd one!

It was a really nice day though we definitely missed having Steven and Jenn's fam and My Uncle Steve's whole family. Here's hoping for a full turn out next year with no sick kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment