Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 217: D's 1st Trip to the Dentist

Today was Daniel's 1st trip to the dentist. I have been procrastinating with finding him a dentist and getting an appointment scheduled. I also wanted to get him in before I go back to work in 2 weeks...I called 2 places yesterday to see if they had any openings and could get him in this week or next and the 2nd place had 2 available appointments today! Score! I'll take it!

 I was slightly concerned how he would do since every time I help him brush he thinks it's funny to close his lips so I can't see where I'm brushing. Thankfully he didn't do that for the dentist. I was really happy with how the hygienist and the doctor were with him. The doctor even let him try on his magnifying glasses once he was done looking at Daniel's teeth. Should have gotten a picture of that but I did get this one while they were out of the room.  (Confession- I feel funny taking pictures in certain situations and sometimes will just pretend I forgot...This time I just waited until the hygienist went to get the dentist.)

 Show me your clean teeth!

1 comment:

  1. Look at Daniel smiling so sweetly on that photo! He's showing off his perfectly clean teeth proudly. It sounds like he really kept a behaved composure during his first trip to the dentist. I think those type of moments are picture-worthy, so don't you be afraid to take out that camera always. I'm really glad to hear that everything went well. All the best to you! :)

    Joel Haynes @ Herrin Pediatric Dentistry

    ReplyDelete