Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 304: Happy Halloween!

I think I mentioned this before but I found these costumes at a Walmart in South Carolina several weeks ago. Daniel has been on a Spider-man kick recently and when I saw it I couldn't help myself. So, of course we had to get Micah a super hero costume too. Doesn't he make the cutest Captain America!?

Every year since I was little my church has put on a Fall Festival on Halloween night. I didn't grow up in a neighborhood where trick-or-treating was conducive so it was a great alternative for our family. And it's been a major outreach for our community over the years. There are lots of games to play and a moon bounce to jump on. Now, we live in a community that is perfect for trick-or-treat but we still went to church. Maybe when the kids get a little older we'll do the trick-or-treat thing but for now we're sticking with the church Fall Festival. We did leave a bowl of candy on our porch hoping it wouldn't all be taken by one or two kids with a note saying we wouldn't be there but feel free to take a piece of candy. We were wiped clean when we got home!

Our next door neighbor came over earlier in the evening with goodie bags for our boys. She said she never sticks around for trick-or-treat because of the droves of children that come through, many unaccompanied, but wanted to give the boys something before she disappeared. I thought that was the sweetest thing! 


At church and ready for candy and games!!!! He Started off the night introducing himself to everyone as Spider-man and referring to Micah as Captain America (aka Taptain Amerita).

Playing in the ball pit! He spent most of the night on the kiddie moon bounce where my parents were volunteering. I didn't get any good picture of that though.

He stacked 3 ice cream scoops!

Captain America is getting a little sleepy. He just laid down in the middle of everything.

Chris and Annie with their little pumpkin!

Cousins photo! We actually got all 12 (and Uncle Steve and Uncle Chris) with no melt downs!
I love how happy Adie looks just being next to Emma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment