Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 279: Flattery, I'll take it!

After school, I threw my hair up in a messy bun, and put the boys in the car to head home. Sitting in the seat behind me, Daniel says, "You're pretty, mommy." Ah Heart melt!

Then, again, half way home he says "Mommy, you look like a princess!"

My first thought, "I absolutely love you right now Daniel!"

My second thought was more along the lines of this- How often do I miss such sweet comments or other things he says or does because I am too busy to hear them? Probably far more often than I should. My children are such a blessing and should be celebrated. I need to soak in as much as I can before I miss it or forget it. (I know I'll forget far more than I'd like.)

Days are busy, stuff needs to get done. Especially as a working mom, the time I do have with my children is so short in the morning and evening. I need to make them a priority over the other "important stuff" that I want/need to do. 

Help me Lord, to really see and hear my children when I am with them rather than let the clutter of life always overtake my mind. 

"Roar!"


No comments:

Post a Comment