Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 167: New Pot and Pans!

I was excited today because my new pots came in the mail. I got pots and pans 4 years ago for my wedding and only just opened then when we moved in to our house. However, there was an issue with each pot being warped. I can't tell if the warping happened from being in storage for 4 years of if they were a bad batch to begin with. It made for very difficult cooking since nothing would cook evenly. Last week we called the company (Revere) to see if they would send replacements and they did with no cost to me! Wow, awesome customer service! I had copper bottom and they sent stainless steel but I am very pleased with them. It was so nice to have even cooking.



My view while cooking dinner tonight. He was mad that I wouldn't pick him up.

Dinner tonight was "Chicken Risotto" though I substituted the instant rice for quinoa tonight.
The following is the original recipe that I got out of some cook book...

Ingredients
2-3 Chicken breasts
2c instant white rice (I substituted with 1 dry cup quinoa and adjusted the liquid accordingly)
1Tbsp oil
1 container grape tomatoes
4c baby spinach
1 can condensed chicken broth 
1/2 c water

Directions
1. Cook chicken in hot oil in large, deep skillet
2. Add spinach, rice, tomatoes, broth and water; mix well  Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment