Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 149: Gettin' Crafty

Today was my last day with students this year! I can't believe the year is over. This was a really special year for me as far a my class was concerned. It was a very small class and I had some really neat students. I will definitely miss them and yet I am so glad to be done! Just a few more days of room clean up and in-service and I will be done!

This evening I have been working diligently on making a photo-booth backdrop for my nieces sweet 16 beach birthday party. I wasn't going to and then I thought why not!? HA! Here is a glimpse. I stole the idea from a friend. Mine is no where near as cool as hers was but it will do. Now to see if it will hold up with out falling apart on me! Thankfully we do have a back up just in case!


I made it using 6 large pieces of paper (for easel painting) as my backing. I stapled a blue table cloth to the paper to add another dimension of color so I didn't have to use as much tissue paper. Then I covered it with tissue paper that was cut in to triangles and fringed. Then I used a glue stick...this may be my downfall. I am praying the glue holds! It's a beach theme so I found a pack of tissue paper with a dark blue, light blue and green for some oceany (is that a word?) colors and then added some pink for fun! It only took me 2 hours to make! :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment