Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 126: Soup and Stuff

Tonight Davey's mom and mom-mom brought the boys home. This will be their first night sleeping in the new house And their first night sharing a room. We could use your prayers that the transition goes smoothly!
I also cooked for the first time with my new (almost 4 year old) pots and my new stove! I made beef and barley soup. I know it's getting hot out but it's just so tasty.


Here is the soup recipe. I got it from a friend last year (thanks Kendra!) but only just started making it around 3 months ago. It has now become a household staple. So Yummy!

Beef and barley Soup
1 - 2 lbs. ground beef
6 c.beef broth
2  sliced carrots
1  chopped onion
2  chopped celery
 stalks
1 tsp. basil
1/2 c. barley
 salt
 and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
3 T ketchup
1 can diced tomatoes (juice and everything)
Brown ground beef and onions; drain. Put all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until vegetables and barley are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment