Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 317: A Fun evening!

Tonight we had my brother James and his family over for dinner. Daniel was so excited. It's been a while since we had some of his cousins over to play. We made crock pot chicken fajitas and apple cobbler. Cobbler has become our go-to desert because it's so easy and so tasty! Of course it must come with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to top it off.

After dinner there was lot's of playing. The favorite game was rough housing with uncle James. Micah looked like he wanted in on the action but wasn't quite sure about it.

It seriously looks like Gabe got hit in the face in this picture but I promise you he did not! (And somehow Natalie escaped the pictures but she was there!)

Then Daniel wanted to read "The Burning Bush" to everyone. Gabe also had a book that he got off of Davey's book shelves. Not sure what it was but he was going to read it to everyone.

We had a really fun night. There's nothing like having some family over for a little food and fellowship!




On a completely different subject, Daniel had a really good day today. We have been doing this sticker chart with him that I made. It has his class rules and a few other things on it. We started last week but it sort of failed us. This week has been much better! Each morning this week I have made an effort to pray with him, not just for him, before we enter the school building. Not every day has been perfect but today was a really good one! On our way home from school,I was telling him how happy his choices had made Davey and I and how happy they made God. (One of his biggest motivations right now is simply making us happy). After telling him that, Daniel wanted me to pray. So, I thanked God for his good choices and how he made us all so happy by using his "looking eyes, quiet mouth, listening ears, helping hands, and walking feet." (these are his classroom rules that we are now using at home to provide consistency.) After I prayed he wanted to pray and this is what he said. "Thank you for a good day! That I was a big boy and used looking eyes, listening ears, helping hands, walking feet, and that it as a great (breat) day! AND that I get stickers on my sticker chart! AMEN!!!"

Tomorrow is another day but tonight I am praising God that Daniel decided to talk to HIM when was rejoicing. I just continue to ask God to draw Daniel nearer to Himself. That Daniel might develop a true, lasting relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment