Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 263: Hanley Wedding!

Today we had the privilege of going to our friend Christian's wedding down in Charleston.
We left last night, stopped in North Carolina, and headed the rest of the way this morning. 

South of the Border!!! These signs bring back childhood memories of traveling to Florida to visit my grandparents. Too bad the town is actually pretty dead.


Wedding time!


1st Dance

A decent picture on the 3rd try.

Us with the Bride and Groom! Congrats you two!

Davey, Christian, and Brian. These three...

Davey's Note -- Despite the fact that Christian hates the sort of thing I'm about to do, here goes.  These two guys were such an encouragement to me during a rough patch almost five years ago.  Although we were at each other's throats at times, I'm thankful I still call Christian my friend.  It's because of him that I started going to church at Grace, and so really it's because of him that I met and married Laura!

We took a long road trip to the very top of Maine for Brian's wedding, and he was there the following week for my own wedding.  Although he's been down here in South Carolina the past couple years, I'm thankful for our continued friendship, and that Laura and I were able to come down to celebrate with him and Stephanie today.  Here we were three wives and a few pounds lighter...


Just don't ask him to chauffeur from the church to the reception site.  He doesn't always remember to fill up with gas...


May God bless you guys on your new life together.  We'd love the honor of hosting you guys whenever you come up our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment