Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 57: The Chair

It's not very grand and like all of our furniture it was given to us. But in this chair I get to rock my sweet babies. Many nights I let my mom rock Micah to sleep upstairs in her living room and in her chair but tonight I rocked him. There is no picture of that because Davey and I were "too busy" being with our children to take a picture of what was going on.


This is something I need to do more often. Every tender moment does not need to be captured on camera. In fact I am learning that though those tender or even fun moments with our children should be something to be cherished I do not need to rush and get my camera just so I can "get it on film." I need to just be there. And just enjoy. And let them enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I won't stop taking pictures all together because some things are just fun to capture in a picture or video. And it doesn't mean I will stop doing a picture a day. It's just something I've been thinking about. Am I missing out on something because I am trying to catch it in a picture or am I really there engaging with my kids like I should?

No comments:

Post a Comment